It was a really fun first episode to start the year. Ron Shevlin from Cornerstone Advisors had a lot of great thoughts and insights to share and we covered a lot of ground.
Ron talked about the strategic imperative for community banks and had a number of very clear action items banks can take to have more success in the coming years.
A few areas we discussed:
1. Financial products vs. services
2. The re-thinking of and opportunity in what defines a bank's community
3. How banks can learn a lot from the health care industry
4. What he would do as a new bank CEO
5. What it means to really build a capability of partnership
6. How to attract more digital and younger talent into banking
If you are in financial services or fintech, this is an episode you will absolutely enjoy to kick of 2023. Happy New Year, Operate listeners!
Click to listen: